List of Foods for Healthy Eyes
- Carrots . Carrot is a powerhouse of antioxidants beta - carotene . And this is the substance that is converted by the body into vitamin A , a potent nutrients to maintain good vision , and to prevent diseases such as night blindness , macular degeneration and cataracts .
- Avocado . The next on the list is avocado . This tropical fruit is loaded with antioxidants called lutein ( more than any other fruit ) , which is believed to protect eye health . Also , fruit richness in vitamin A , vitamin C , vitamin B6 , and vitamin E , making it all the more powerful weapon to keep an eye health in a variety of situations .
- Broccoli . Every time I speak of this vegetable , I see the faces of the kids get a sense of nausea . Reportedly this is not a favorite vegetable among children . whereas , these vegetables are loaded with antioxidants such as lutein and zeaxanthin , and vitamin C are also present . Although not many , vegetables have a satisfactory amount of beta - carotene in it .
- Spinach . These green vegetables are also a rich source of lutein and zeaxanthin , and natural sources of beta - carotene . Lutein and zeaxanthin , in case , you do not realize is naturally present in the retina and macular eye . Spinach serves as a sunscreen for the eyes . So the daily intake of spinach increased levels of antioxidants in the eye , and helps to prevent eye problems , including age -related macular degeneration . Also , spinach is a rich source of vitamin C.
- Eggs . Chicken eggs are rich in the antioxidant lutein . And according to a study carried out in some people age 60 or older , eating one egg per day increase the levels of lutein and zeaxanthin in the body , and that too without increasing cholesterol levels .
- Tomato . tomatoes not only look beautiful when added to a green salad , but also helps in maintaining a sharp vision , and beautiful eyes . These fruits provide great benefits to the eye because of the wealth in vitamin C and lycopene . Lycopene , in particular , is a carotenoid that is believed to protect the eye against oxidative damage thus , an essential nutrient for proper eye function .
- Cabbage . These vegetables provide you with vitamins , minerals , and more importantly with antioxidants such as lutein and zeaxathin per calorie , which is more than any other food . The antioxidants , in particular , keep the retina from suffering damage from free radicals , keeping diseases such as macular degeneration and cataracts at bay .
- Orange juice is loaded with vitamin C , potassium , folate , calcium and fiber. And the cumulative effect of all the nutrients can be found in a person's overall health .
- Salmon . Substances contained in abundance in salmon more than a lot of other fish species. Salmon consumed as a routine part of the intake of nutrients helpful in protecting the small blood vessels in the eye.
- Oysters . The main advantage of this is eating mollusks wealth , the mineral zinc . Zinc not only improve vision , but also boost the immune system . Although zinc can also be found in pork or beef , oysters are known to contain more of it than any other food source .
Labels: Healthy Eyes Foods